Job Role: Logistics Coordinator - French Speaking
Shift - Nights (4 on 4 off)
RG Freight Recruitment are working on behalf of an award winning time critical solutions company to find an experienced French Speaking Logistics Coordinator to join their team in Dover.
With offices across Europe, this client specialises in providing time critical freight solutions to global manufacturers. They are leaders in their field and are know for providing rapid, cost-efficient and reliable solutions.
The client is looking to recruit an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join their expanding team in Dover. The purpose of this is to manage the customs process for existing clients in a time critical environment.
- Liaise with clients to understand their requirements and source the most appropriate solutions to meet their needs
- Select appropriate vehicles for transport and buy carrier options at the best price
- Have a good understanding of European driving regulations and bans, and the impact they may have on transport planning
- Monitor progression of transport, ensuring agreed milestone updates are communicated to the client when jobs are running to plan
- Escalate delays in transport and identified problems to the team leader, provide options for a resolution to allow effective communication with the client
- Work closely with our supplier management team to highlight any gaps in carrier coverage
- Ensure carrier non-conformances are recorded and escalated
- Finalise jobs upon completion, ensuring any additional waiting time charges are discussed and agreed with the carrier and third-party costs are correct (where relevant)
- Fluent in French and English
- Experience in a logistics planning environment
- Knowledge of EU driving regulations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good attention to detail