Job Role: Import Customs Clerk
Location: Heathrow Area
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
RG Freight Recruitment are working on behalf of Freight Forwarder and Customs Broker to source an Import Customs Clerk to join their team in the Heathrow Area,
This client firmly believes themselves to be the next generation of freight forwarders. With their real time and intuitive cloud based platform they are on a mission to simplify freight forwarding and make the whole experience more user friendly and transparent.
Operating for over 40 years and with a tight knit team of 75 they are a force within the UK freight market and are expanding as they take on more domestic and overseas work. Offering bespoke solutions including multi modal forwarding, customs clearance and supply chain management, they are in a great position to assist their clients with worldwide freight movements.
Due to the expansion, this client is now looking for an experienced Import Customs Clerk with experience of pre and post Brexit customs knowledge. This role be based in their brand new office in the Heathrow area. The office is due to open in January 2023 and the successful candidate will work remotely with a few days in the Leytonestone office.
This client also offers a hybrid working pattern which typically works as 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for the submission of accurate import customs entries
• Completing appropriate due diligence checks and following escalation processes where needed
• Coordinating customs entry submission in other countries where required, by liaising with foreign partners and ensuring the declarations are submitted in a timely manner and within agreed upon KPI’s
• Producing and/or collecting essential shipping documentation required from customers and suppliers
• Assisting in issuing supporting shipping paperwork (Health Certificates, Certificates of Origin, Phytosanitary Certificates, Delivery Notes, etc.) where required by customers
• Registering the consignments and/or documents onto various HMRC portals (IPAFFS, TRACES, GVMS, etc.) as appropriate
• Ensuring compliance with UK customs regulations, AEO requirements and company’s procedures
• Responsible for maintaining client satisfaction by delivering best-in-class customer care, maintaining regular communication by phone and email, effectively resolving queries, issues and delays and continuously proposing solutions to improve clients’ experience
• Maintaining Data Quality on our Supply Chain Visibility platform to guarantee accurate information is presented to customers
• Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in completing import customs entries in a freight forwarding environment is essential
• Experience in Cargowise would be an advantage
• Excellent working knowledge of import and export customs procedures, tariff code, classification, commodity codes
• Excellent attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to delivery excellent customer service
• Self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy and hardworking
• Willingness and ability to learn quickly new skills and working practices