Job Role: Depot Sales Manager
Salary: £35,000 to £37,500 (Company car or car allowance)
RG Freight Recruitment are working on behalf of a well known parcel and pallets logistics provider to find a Depot Sales Manager for the Exeter depot.
This client is truly household name, delivering parcels and palletised freight across the UK and further afield. With over 80 offices and more than 3500 staff they really are one of the leaders in their sector. Focusing on business to business and business to consumer deliveries, they have a focus on delivering goods with a high level of care and security.
A role has become available in the Exeter depot for an experienced Sales Manager to join the team and help drive sales forward. The purpose of the role will be to ensure the depot exceeds its revenue target by meeting new business targets, expanding business with existing customers, building relationships with key contacts across the industry and managing the sales processes effectively.
- Work with the Depot General Manager, Regional Director & Regional Sales Manager to implement the sales strategy and business plan for the depot
- Define target list of customer prospects based on clearly defined criteria that maximises return for the depot
- Achieve and exceed personal and depot targets in line with budget
- Working with the Depot General Manager to manage customer relationships by engaging in personal ownership of the customers
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the product portfolio and all associated features and benefits and to tailor those benefits to the needs of the customer
- Track performance of accounts, opportunity and scope to build and maintain customer relations
- Submit accurate and timely sales reports
- Attend team meetings and contribute as necessary on own individual performance, prepare for manager review meetings and complete sales activity reports accurately and on time
- Use the sales tools in line with the agreed sales process to maintain and develop sales pipeline and customer information
- Extensive experience within either the industry or Retail, FMCG sector
- Strong sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, networking and campaign management)
- Detailed understanding of sales process and demonstration of world-class sales rigor, hunger and determination
- Proven track record of closing major opportunities.
- Professional sales and negotiating training
- Proven sales ability with historic success at exceeding new business targets, whilst excelling at customer retention through professional account management, development and planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Problem solving abilities; able to facilitate discussions
- Able to travel within designated territory and able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Microsoft skills (Excel, Word, Email, Access, Power Point)