Job Role: Customs Clerk
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000
RG Freight Recruitment are working on behalf of a freight forwarding client in Liverpool to find a great Customs Clerk.
This client has been operating from their central Liverpool office for more than 20 years and are going from strength to strength. They specialise in freight forwarding, customs clearance services and the movement of hazardous goods. Customer service is at the very heart of all of their operations and the successful candidate will need to be prepared to go ‘the extra mile’.
- Ensuring timely customs clearance to customer for import and export shipments
- Checking customs declarations
- Keeping a high level of accuracy across all files
- Dealing with the customs authorities to resolve any issues that arise
- Tracking client’s shipments through the customs process
- Prioritising a constantly changing workload.
- Complete and up to date knowledge of customs clearance procedures in road, air and sea freight.
- Passion for keeping up to date and informed of developments within customs clearance regulations and news.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.