Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + bonus, company car, laptop, phone
RG Freight Recruitment are working on behalf of a freight forwarder to find an experienced Business Development Manager to join their freight forwarding team in Northampton.
This client is a truly global entity with over 150 offices in 15 countries and partnerships in a further 60. They employ over 3000 people but aim for a family run business feel where input is valued from every facet of the business.
With new routes and hubs opening as well as expansion of existing networks, this business is in a period of growth that only seems to be speeding up. Now is a fantastic time to be joining a company with an already glowing reputation and a very bright future.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Sourcing and securing new business across the UK and European road freight sectors (Full and part load)
- Qualifying new sales leads
- Planning and executing successful sales strategies for SME to global scales.
- Ensuring best in market customer service for all existing, new and potential clients
- Managing personal portfolio of business
- Representation of company at video and face to face meetings with new and existing clients
- Ensuring sales and performance reports are completed to a high standard
- Experience of business development in a freight forwarding environment
- Great knowledge of the UK and European road freight markets
- Proven track record of selling both full and part loads in the UK and European road freight market
- Self-starter who is not afraid to find their own leads and act on them
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Exceptional organisation skills with the ability to ‘keep plates spinning’